Guiding young men to discover their innate worth and nurture their individual gifts to fruition
Whetstone Academy is a full therapeutic program in a Montessori environment. Tucked away in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Chattooga River, our program serves boys between the ages of 10 and 15 in grades 5 through 8. Whetstone Academy was founded in 2011 and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization.
Our program is an Erdkinder, or farm school following Maria Montessori’s guidelines for middle-school development while addressing the students’ emotional and behavioral needs.
- 57 acres of beautiful mountain landscape for farming, gardening, and outdoor recreation
- 2.6-acre on-site pond with a dock, perfect for swimming and canoeing and stocked with bream a nd bass for fishing
- 3,000 feet of our property borders the Sumter National Forest, one of the most beautiful natural forest areas in the southeast
- 5 minutes fr om the Wild and Scenic Chattooga River
What we offer…
* Full therapeutic boarding * Summer programs
- Individual theray - Open enrollment with flexible lengths of stay
- Group therapy - Family Workshops
- Family therapy - Team sports
- Equine-assisted therapy - Therapeutic day program
"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."
Whetstone Academy does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's race, color, religion, ethnic and national origin, or gender.
Whetstone Academy. is a non-profit, educational organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to Whetstone Academy are tax-deductible.